Welcome to Summer School 2024
Our Tutors have offered a collection of beautiful and exciting projects that they will be teaching for the EGV Summer School Program at Embroidery House. In both traditional and contemporary styles, we hope there is something to appeal to everyone.
Do not be afraid to register into a class. Should a class not be able to proceed we will reschedule in the first instance. Where that is not possible you will be entitled to a full refund of class & kit fees, with the exception of pre-supplied kits. In that situation we will make other arrangements to enable you to complete the project.
If you are unfamiliar with the Registration process, please ensure you read the following instructions very carefully.
- 1 October, 2023: details of Classes published on EGV Website & in Threadlines
- 15 October, 2023: Class registrations commence at 10:00am
- 6 January, 2024: Summer School commences
All enquires to email@example.com
All Summer School 2024 Classes will be administered using the EGV Website - from the Home Page click on the Summer School Quicklink
- Purchase Ticket option - You can register yourself online at the EGV Website and finalise your payment, you will be confirmed immediately in your choice of Class. This is the most efficient and secure method for both EGV members and the Guild.
- Alternate Payment Form - If you choose to make payment using this method then you are still able to submit your registration request on the EGV Website. Your registration will be completed for you when your payment has been received.
- Class Application Form - For those that are unable to use the EGV Website, complete a Class Application Form and send it via mail for processing by the Class Administrator.
PLEASE NOTE: If you choose any of the options other than ‘Purchase Ticket Option’ the Education Committee will process the applications from 10.00 am on 15/10/23 in the order that payment/application is received which could mean the class you wish to be registered into is filled before the application can be processed. All Classes have a limited number of places - when no places remain you will be unable to register online.
Should you find the Class you wish to attend is full then please complete the * Wait List Request and your name will be placed in order of receipt onto the Wait List for that Class. You will receive an email to confirm this has happened.
Option One - Purchase Ticket
- Complete your Class Registration using the 'Purchase Ticket' button at the top of the Class description.
- Each pop-up window on the EGV Website then steps you through your Class registration, your Class Kit purchase and you can add Notes if need be. By agreeing to use the third party payment gateway we can confirm your registration in the Class immediately.
- You are encouraged to use this simple and efficient option as a first preference.
Option Two - Alternate Payment Methods
Submit your Class Registration request using the * Alternate Payment Methods - All Classes online form. This link is also at the bottom of the Class description.
- Direct bank credit to the EGV via internet banking or personal visit to an ANZ Bank Branch
Bank account details are:
Account Name: The Embroiderers Guild, Victoria
Account Number: 009782635
Please ensure that you record your name & the Class Code as a reference
Option 3 - Class Application Form
Complete paper Class Application Form & mail in. See note above regarding potential mail collection & processing delays.
Please direct all enquires to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Requirements Lists are available on the Class Event page for downloading. Found under the Download More Information link at the bottom of the Event page.
For mailed Class Applications, Requirements Lists will be sent by email or mail.
It is now a mandatory requirement that Kit purchases are made at the time of registration. Cash handling in Class is at the discretion of the Tutor.
In the event that you have registered for your class and have forgotten to purchase your kit, click the FAQ tab for instructions on how to order.
Why does it say there is a no 'Refund Policy' on the EGV Website?
You may notice that the EGV Website advises that there are no refunds for Classes. While it is true that we are unable to process refunds through the website the ‘Class Refund Policy’ is that all are registrations are able to apply for a refund. It is up to the discretion of the Education Committee to determine an outcome for your application and some detail about your circumstances is required ie illness, family emergency. Please email email@example.com or complete the online Class Refund Application
A ‘change of mind’ is not generally an adequate reason for a refund however where a ‘Wait List’ exists for a Class, a refund will be considered so it is worth applying as early as possible.
Please note that an application for refund may incur a small administrative fee to cover the EGV expenses.
When a refund is approved the EGV will seek banking details from you in order to transfer refunds electronically.
I registered for my class but I forgot to order my kit. What do I do now?
In the event that you have forgotten to order your kit at the time of registration, simply order your kit using the * Alternate Payment Methods - All Classes online form. Arrange a bank transfer to pay for your kit as instructed on the form. Remember to add a comment so the Education Committee knows that you are just purchasing a kit.
- SS CLASS - SS4 Vibrant Bugs Workshop - CLASS FULL 6th January 2024 SS4 - VIBRANT BUGS WORKSHOP In this workshop you will take inspiration from the amazing shapes and gorgeous colours of the insect world to create beautiful 3D textile bugs. A combination of machine and hand embroidery techniques will be used along with a variety of fabrics and embellishments to cre... more
- SS CLASS - ST5 Let's Keep Stitching... & Learn Some More! 8th January 2024 ST5 - LET'S KEEP STITCHING... & LEARN SOME MORE! Now that we have mastered the basics let’s stitch some more! In this class we will build on our skills - learning more embroidery stitches to add to our repertoire. Some of these stitches are variations of the basic embroidery stitches, and some are ... more
- SS CLASS - DB14 Aemilia Ars 9th January 2024 DB14 - AEMILIA ARS This class introduces the Aemilia Ars needle lace technique. It is suitable for beginners of needle lace as well as anyone who has participated in learning different needle lace techniques ie Edgings, Reticella. Date: Tues 9/1/24 & Tues 23/1/24 Time: 10.00 am - 3.00 pm Tutor: ... more
- SS CLASS - MR2 Steampunk Peccadillo 9th January 2024 MR2 STEAMPUNK PECCADILLO You choose; Myrtle the Turtle, Sally the Saxophone, and/or Kitty the Caterpillar. Each kit will include your chosen character fused to background fabric, plus all the tricky stuff you need to complete it. You will be encouraged to have fun with your own ideas and make your ... more
- SS CLASS - MH11 Hessian Flower 9th January 2024 MH11 - Hessian Flower Spend a fun evening creating flowers on hessian. It’s a great class for beginners or advanced stitchers. You can use your finished piece to create a footstool, cushion or tote bag Date: Tues 9/1/24 Time: 6.00 pm - 9.00 pm Tutor: Melanie Hill Skill Level: All Levels more
- SS CLASS - SF24 'The Elephant in the Room' 10th January 2024 SF24 - 'THE ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM' This class is all about having fun, experimenting with stitches and letting your imagination run free while “colouring in” the elephant in your choice of colours. The emphasis will be on playing with different stitches and textures, rather than just relying on the ... more
- SS CLASS - BT8 Painting a Background & Designing your own Embroidery - CLASS FULL 12th January 2024 BT8 - PAINTING A BACKGROUND & DESIGNING YOUR OWN EMBROIDERY Be inspired by how to paint a background on fabric. Learn the type of fabric to choose and how to make it colour fast. Learn basic art principles and construct a design. Finally embroider and embellish your design on your painted backgr... more
- SS CLASS - KG17 Zippy Pouches 12th January 2024 KG17 - ZIPPY POUCHES A lot of people are afraid of inserting zippers into bags, or pouches. There is no need to be. This class is designed to show you how easy it can be. There are no patterns involved in the process and how to make them in different sizes will be explained. Date: Fri 12/1/24 & Su... more
- SS CLASS - ST6 Patchwork Basics 13th January 2024 ST6 - PATCHWORK BASICS Come and get started right at the very beginning! In this class you will learn all the tips and techniques to get you started on your patchwork journey. Date: Sat 13/1/24 & Sat 20/1/24 Time: 10.00 am - 3.00 pm Tutor: Sheryl Turton Skill Level: All Levels more
- SS CLASS - SvR9 Mountmellick Embroidery 14th January 2024 SvR9 - MOUNTMELLICK EMBROIDERY Mountmellick embroidery is a distinctive form of white-on-white embroidery originating from the town of Mountmellick in Ireland during the mid-19th century. This technique involves creating textured and raised designs on fabric using thick cotton threads. Date: Sun 1... more
- SS CLASS - RJ1 Machine Embroidery with Metal Foils 15th January 2024 RJ1 - MACHINE EMBROIDERY WITH METAL FOILS Learn how to add a new element to your machine embroidery. Stitching into metals is easier than you may think. Will not damage your machines. Date: Mon 15/1/24 & Tues 16/1/24 Time: 10.00am - 3.00pm Tutor: Rhonda Justus Skill Level: Basic Free Machinery ... more
- SS CLASS - MH12 Vintage Flower 16th January 2024 MH12 - VINTAGE FLOWER Spend a summer evening creating a fun stitched piece. Yo-yos buttons and doilies pieces will be sewn to create a vase of flower. Date: Tues 16/1/24 Time: 6.00 pm - 9.00 pm Tutor: Melanie Hill Skill Level: All Levels more
- SS CLASS - GS23 You Can Smock 17th January 2024 GS23 - YOU CAN SMOCK This fun class is suitable for beginner stitchers who want to pack a punch without spending hours and hours with a needle and thread in hand. This class will allow you to select from a number of patterns and observe a demonstration of all of them, allowing you to continue exper... more
- SS CLASS - SD15 Chinese Indigo Sampler 18th January 2024 SD15 CHINESE INDIGO SAMPLER Chinese Indigo Work used indigo-dyed cotton thread on white fabric, worked in fine Cross-Stitch or Double-Running Stitch (Blackwork style), to decorate clothing and household goods for everyday use. Date: Thurs 18/1/24 & Thurs 25/1/24 Time: 10.00 am - 3.00 pm Tutor: S... more
- SS CLASS - HC10 Introduction to Casalguidi - CLASS FULL 21st January 2024 HC10 - INTRODUCTION TO CASALGUIDI This is modern interpretation of a classic Casalguidi motif including flowers, stems and leaves on a square stitch background. This small project will introduce you to some of the stitches including antique hem stitch, square stitch, shoots, leaves and stems Dat... more
- SS CLASS - RJ35 Fabric Bracelet with Bling (Junior Class) 23rd January 2024 RJ35 FABRIC BRACELET WITH BLING It’s school holiday time. Introduce the younger members of your family to the Guild. Bring them along to this beginner class to make a pretty fabric bracelet decorated with beautiful beads and sequins. This project is suitable for anyone over 10 years of age. All m... more
- SS CLASS - KM3 Hampered by Check 24th January 2024 KM3 - HAMPERED BY CHECK In this class you will learn a variety of stitches to produce this unique Chicken Scratch design for the padded lid of a rectangular picnic basket. To accompany the basket there are two napkins which complement the design. Date: Wed 24/1/24 & Wed 31/1/24 Time: 10.00am -... more
- SS CLASS - WF46 Basic Smocking and Beyond 27th January 2024 WF46 - BASIC SMOCKING AND BEYOND Stitches for all comers. This one day class will not only show you the wide range of basic smocking stitches but will also give you a host of hints and ideas for your smocking projects. Advanced stitches will simultaneously be demonstrated with their uses shown and ... more