Welcome to Summer School 2023
Our Tutors have offered a collection of beautiful and exciting projects that they will be teaching for the EGV Summer School Program at Embroidery House. In both traditional and contemporary styles, we hope there is something to appeal to everyone.
Do not be afraid to register into a class. Should a class not be able to proceed we will reschedule in the first instance. Where that is not possible you will be entitled to a full refund of class & kit fees, with the exception of pre-supplied kits. In that situation we will make other arrangements to enable you to complete the project.
If you are unfamiliar with the Registration process, please ensure you read the following instructions very carefully.
- 1 October, 2022: details of Classes published on EGV Website & in Threadlines
- 15 October, 2022: Class registrations commence at 10:00am
- 7 January, 2023: Summer School commences
All enquires to firstname.lastname@example.org
All Summer School 2023 Classes will be administered using the EGV Website - from the Home Page click on the Summer School Quicklink
- Purchase Ticket option - You can register yourself online at the EGV Website and finalise your payment, you will be confirmed immediately in your choice of Class. This is the most efficient and secure method for both EGV members and the Guild.
- Alternate Payment Form - If you choose to make payment using this method then you are still able to submit your registration request on the EGV Website. Your registration will be completed for you when your payment has been received.
- Class Application Form - For those that are unable to use the EGV Website, complete a Class Application Form and send it via mail for processing by the Class Administrator.
- Phone - If all the above methods are unsuitable, please phone the Education Committee (see below). This method will require you to use a credit card, verbally authorise the Education Committee Class Administrator to accept all terms & conditions on your behalf. You will also need to follow up by mailing in your completed paper application, (without credit card details), this is to complete your acceptance of terms & conditions. Please do not choose this method just for convenience, it is for genuine difficulties only.
PLEASE NOTE: If you choose any of the options other than ‘Purchase Ticket Option’ the Education Committee will process the applications from 10.00 am on 15/10/22 in the order that payment/application is received which could mean the class you wish to be registered into is filled before the application can be processed. All Classes have a limited number of places - when no places remain you will be unable to register online.
Should you find the Class you wish to attend is full then please complete the * Wait List Request and your name will be placed in order of receipt onto the Wait List for that Class. You will receive an email to confirm this has happened.
Option One - Purchase Ticket
- Complete your Class Registration using the 'Purchase Ticket' button at the top of the Class description.
- Each pop-up window on the EGV Website then steps you through your Class registration, your Class Kit purchase and you can add Notes if need be. By agreeing to use the third party payment gateway (the gold standard for internet payments) we can confirm your registration in the Class immediately.
- You are encouraged to use this simple and efficient option as a first preference.
Option Two - Alternate Payment Methods
Submit your Class Registration request using the * Alternate Payment Methods - All Classes online form. This link is also at the bottom of the Class description.
- Direct bank credit to the EGV via internet banking or personal visit to an ANZ Bank Branch
Bank account details are:
Account Name: The Embroiderers Guild, Victoria
Account Number: 009782635
Please ensure that you record your name & the Class Code as a reference
Option 3 - Class Application Form
Complete paper Class Application Form & mail in. See note above regarding potential mail collection & processing delays.
Option 4 - Phone application
- This option is available as a 'last resort' for anyone with genuine difficulites. It is NOT for convenience.
- You will need to phone the Education Committee Class Administrator on 0422791646. You will pay by credit card, so please have it ready.
- You will verbally accept all Term's & Conditions, & then follow up by completing the paper Class Application form, which you will mail in to Embroidery House (mandatory requirement).
- Please be patient as you may not be the only person requiring assistance
- Please do not call before 10.00am on 15/10/22. You will not be registered into the class any earlier by phoning early. As explained in the 'How to Register' section above the Education Committee Class Administrator will complete applications in the order they are received after 10.00 am.
Please direct all enquires to email@example.com.
Requirements Lists are available on the Class Event page for downloading. Found under the Download More Information link at the bottom of the Event page.
For mailed Class Applications, Requirements Lists will be sent by email or mail.
It is now a mandatory requirement that Kit purchases are made at the time of registration. Cash handling in Class is at the discretion of the Tutor.
In the event that you have registered for your class and have forgotten to purchase your kit, click the FAQ tab for instructions on how to order.
Why does it say there is no 'Refund Policy' on the EGV Website?
You may notice that the EGV Website advises that there are no refunds for Classes. While it is true that we are unable to process refunds through Member Jungle the ‘Class Refund Policy’ is that all are registrations are able to apply for a refund. It is up to the discretion of the Education Committee to determine an outcome for your application and some detail about your circumstances is required ie illness, family emergency. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the online Class Refund Application
A ‘change of mind’ is not generally an adequate reason for a refund however where a ‘Wait List’ exists for a Class, a refund will be considered so it is worth applying as early as possible.
Please note that an application for refund may incur a small administrative fee to cover the EGV expenses.
When a refund is approved the EGV will seek banking details from you in order to transfer refunds electronically.
I registered for my class but I forgot to order my kit. What do I do now?
In the event that you have forgotten to order your kit at the time of registration, simply order your kit using the * Alternate Payment Methods - All Classes online form. Arrange a bank transfer to pay for your kit as instructed on the form. Remember to add a comment so the Education Committee knows that you are just purchasing a kit.
- SS CLASS - CB8 Strawberry Delight 7th January 2023 CB8 STRAWBERRY DELIGHT A reminder of sweet & sunny summer days having a picnic in the park, this fun project covers a range of Stumpwork (raised embroidery) techniques. In luminous silks the design stitched is worked on silk dupion with a little bit of gold sparkle the final touch. Dates: Saturd... more
- SS CLASS - SS5 Moth Magic - Class Full 7th January 2023 SS5 - MOTH MAGIC In this workshop you will create a beautiful 3D moth using a combination of machine and hand embroidery techniques. Date: Saturday 7/1/23 Time: 10.00am - 3.00pm Tutor: Sue Senewiratne Skill level: All levels (see note) more
- SS CLASS - KG7 Chain Stitch Adventure 8th January 2023 KG7 - CHAIN STITCH ADVENTURE There are many variations of the humble chain stitch. So far I have come up with at least 25 plus. We will be exploring the different ways of combining the base stitches with other stitches to form interesting effects. Dates: Sunday 8/1/23 & Sunday 22/1/23 Time: 10... more
- SS CLASS - SS6 Moth Magic - Class Full 8th January 2023 SS6 - MOTH MAGIC In this workshop you will create a beautiful 3D moth using a combination of machine and hand embroidery techniques. Date: Sunday 8/1/23 Time: 10.00am - 3.00pm Tutor: Sue Senewiratne Skill level: All Levels (see note) more
- SS CLASS - WF11 Surprise and Delight Yourself (Counterchange Smocking) 9th January 2023 WF11 - SURPRISE AND DELIGHT YOURSELF (Counterchange Smocking) See your work come alive and form shapes and patterns from striped spotted or regular patterned fabrics. This smocking technique does not require the task of pleating and yet produces most interesting results when it changes colours on s... more
- SS CLASS - ST4 Needlebooks Galore! 10th January 2023 ST4 NEEDLEBOOKS GALORE! You can never have enough needlebooks – especially if you are like most of us and have several projects on the go at the same time. In this class you will learn how to stitch and construct a variety of needlebooks. You will learn lots of techniques and tips Dates: Tuesday ... more
- SS CLASS - WF12 Monograms in Shadow Embroidery 11th January 2023 WF12 - MONOGRAMS IN SHADOW EMBROIDERY This class is an opportunity to gain experience or extend your Shadow Embroidery knowledge to stitch a monogram. This style of embroidery is a simple herringbone stitch giving amazing results. Date: Wednesday 11/1/23 Time: 10.00am - 3.00pm Tutor: Wendy Fin... more
- SS CLASS - LO'S13 Japanese Temari Wrap - Class Full 12th January 2023 LO'S13 JAPANESE TEMARI WRAP An enjoyable class making Japanese temari – a traditional Japanese embroidered decorative ball. Our day includes creating your own temari from the basic core through to a simple decorative pattern suitable for beginners. Date: Thursday 12/1/23 Time: 10.00am - 3.00pm ... more
- SS CLASS - MG10 Elegant Silk Pear 12th January 2023 MG10 ELEGANT SILK PEAR Make an elegant hand embroidered silk pear, embellished with gold thread and beads. Dates: Thursday 12/1/23 & Friday 13/1/23 Time: 10.00am - 3.00pm Tutor: Mandy Ginsberg Skill level: All Levels more
- SS CLASS - LH14 Beaded Scissor Keep 13th January 2023 LH14 BEADED SCISSOR KEEP In the early days, I believe a scissor keep was filled with emery or a similar substance so that you could sharpen your needle. Nowadays we just buy another pack. The weight of the keep also ensured that, when dropped, the keep was the first to land on the floor, followed... more
- SS CLASS - CC16 Improv Embroidery 14th January 2023 CC16 Improv Embroidery Improv Embroidery uses conventional time-tested stitches but now the rules have changed. Improv refers to inventing your own work rather than following someone else’s patterns and instructions. Dates: Saturday 14 Jan & Sunday 15 January 2023 Time: 10.00am - 3.00pm Tutor... more
- SS CLASS - MR1 'Henrietta the Chook' 15th January 2023 MR1 'HENRIETTA THE CHOOK' Henrietta - a bit of happy steampunk fun and nonsense. Your kit will include all the tricky stuff you need to complete her as per example, however, the kits will be equal but not identical, and you will be encouraged to further individualise her with your own variations an... more
- SS CLASS - RJ2 Coil Pots (and Beyond) 19th January 2023 RJ2 - Coil Pots (and Beyond) A fun class using only your sewing machine to make machine wrapped cords, then turning them into these cute little coil pots. Date: Thursday 19/1/23 Time: 10.00am - 3.00pm Tutor: Rhonda Justus Skill level: All Levels more
- SS CLASS - AC3 Cleo Butterfly 20th January 2023 AC3 - CLEO BUTTERFLY Cleo is inspired by the Art Nouveau period and the craze for all things Egypt at the time. Dates: Friday 20/1/23 & Friday 27/1/23 Time: 10.00am - 3.30pm Tutor: Alison Cole Skill level: All Levels more
- SS CLASS - HC18 Butterfly Needlelace Sampler - Class Full 21st January 2023 HC18 - BUTTERFLY NEEDLELACE SAMPLER Come along and have some fun creating a needlelace wings. We will learn how to lay the foundation cords, some simple needle lace stitches and how to finish your piece off before removing it from the foundation. Date: Saturday 21/1/23 Time: 10.00am - 3.00pm... more
- SS CLASS - AM15 Lace Cap Lovelies - Class Full 22nd January 2023 AM15 LACE CAP LOVELIES Students main focus will be to create Stumpwork petals and construct them together to create 3D flowers. Dates: Sunday 22/1/23 & Monday 23/1/23 Time: 10.00am - 3.00pm Tutor: Ana Mallah Skill level: All Levels more
- SS CLASS - KM9 Tote-ally Gingham - Class Full 25th January 2023 KM9 - TOTE-ALLY GINGHAM In this class you will learn a variety of stitches, including building on the basic stitches. The focus is on complex stitch combinations. This class increases your stitch knowledge from previous classes, but is achievable if you're new to Chicken Scratch. The final product ... more