Welcome to Summer School 2022
‘SUMMER IS COMING’ – HERE IS THE SUMMER SCHOOL PROGRAM 2022
Our Tutors have offered a collection of beautiful and exciting projects that they will be teaching for the EGV Summer School Program at Embroidery House. In both traditional and contemporary styles, we hope there is something to appeal to everyone.
Do not be afraid to register into a class. Should a class not be able to proceed we will reschedule in the first instance. Where that is not possible you will be entitled to a full refund of class & kit fees, with the exception of pre-supplied kits. In that situation we will make other arrangements to enable you to complete the project.
If you are unfamiliar with the Registration process, please ensure you read the following instructions very carefully. Prior to registration please ensure you have read the CovidPolicyOct2021 as you will not be able to attend a class unless you are fully vaccinated or hold a medical exemption (evidence of either to be provided).
- 1 October, 2021: details of Classes published on EGV Website & in Threadlines
- 15 October, 2021: Class registrations commence at 10:00am
- 7 January, 2022: Summer School commences
All enquires to email@example.com
All Summer School 2022 Classes will be administered using the EGV Website - from the Home Page click on the Summer School Quicklink
- Purchase Ticket option - You can register yourself online at the EGV Website and finalise your payment, you will be confirmed immediately in your choice of Class. This is the most efficient and secure method for both EGV members and the Guild.
- Alternate Payment Form - If you choose to make payment using this method then you are still able to submit your registration request on the EGV Website. Your registration will be completed for you when your payment has been received. To comply with the EGV Covid-Safe Plan, cheques and cash cannot be accepted.
- Class Application Form - For those that are unable to use the EGV Website, complete a Class Application Form and send it via mail for processing by the Class Administrator. With Embroidery House closed, this method is problematic as the mail may not be collected as regularly.
- Phone - If all the above methods are unsuitable, please phone the Education Committee (see below). This method will require you to use a credit card, verbally authorise the Education Committee to accept all terms & conditions on your behalf and be patient as you may not be the only caller. Please DO NOT send messages, you must phone (after 10.00 am 15/10/21) for this process You will also need to follow up by mailing in your completed paper application, (without credit card details), this is to complete your acceptance of terms & conditions. Please do not choose this method just for convenience, it is for genuine difficulties only.
PLEASE NOTE: If you choose any of the options other than ‘Purchase Ticket Option’ the Education Committee will process the applications from 10.00 am on 15/10/21 in the order that payment/application is received which could mean the class you wish to be enrolled into is filled before the application can be processed. All Classes have a limited number of places to align with the EGV Covid-Safe Plan for Embroidery House. When no places remain you will be unable to register online.
Should you find the Class you wish to attend is full then please complete the * Wait List Request and your name will be placed in order of receipt onto the Wait List for that Class. You will receive an email to confirm this has happened.
Option One - Purchase Ticket
- Complete your Class Registration using the 'Purchase Ticket' button at the top of the Class description.
- Each pop-up window on the EGV Website then steps you through your Class registration, your Class Kit purchase and you can add Notes if need be. By agreeing to use the third party payment gateway (the gold standard for internet payments) we can confirm your registration in the Class immediately.
- You are encouraged to use this simple and efficient option as a first preference.
Option Two - Alternate Payment Methods
Submit your Class Registration request using the * Alternate Payment Methods - All Classes online form. This link is also at the bottom of the Class description.
- Direct bank credit to the EGV via internet banking or personal visit to your bank
Bank account details are:
Account Name: The Embroiderers Guild, Victoria
Account Number: 009782635
Please ensure that you record the Class Code as a reference
Option 3 - Class Application Form
Complete paper Class Application Form & mail in. See note above regarding potential mail collection & processing delays.
Option 4 - Phone application
- This option is available as a 'last resort' for anyone with genuine difficulites. It is not for convenience.
- You will need to phone the Education Committee on 0438590800. You will pay by credit card, so have it ready.
- You will verbally accept all Term's & Conditions, & then follow up by completing the paper Class Application form, which you will mail in to Embroidery House
- Please be patient as you may not be the only person requiring assistance
- Please do not call before 10.00am on 15/10/21. You will not be registered into the class any earlier by phoning early. As explained in the 'How to Register' section above the Education Committee will complete applications in the order they are received after 10.00 am.
Please direct all enquires to firstname.lastname@example.org. Embroidery House is currently closed and the Office unattended, your application cannot be processed if we do not receive it.
To comply with the EGV Covid-Safe Plan cheques and cash cannot be accepted.
Requirements Lists are available on the Class Event page for downloading. Found under the Download More Information link at the bottom of the Event page.
For mailed Class Applications, Requirements Lists will be sent by email or mail.
It is now a mandatory requirement that Kit purchases are made at the time of registration. Cash handling in Class is at the discretion of the Tutor.
In the event that you have registered for your class and have forgotten to purchase your kit, click the FAQ tab for instructions on how to order.
In line with the EGV CovidPolicyOct2021 you will need to be fully (double dose) vaccinated before entering Embroidery House (or hold a medical excemption) - evidence of either will need to be provided. At Registration you will agree to abide by all Covid Restrictions & indicate your current vaccination status. Click here to go to a link with instructions on how to add your Vaccination Certificate to the Service Victoria App for check-in, and for alternative options (page will open in a new window).
Confirmation of your vaccination status will be required prior to attending the class. If you have not been fully vaccinated by the commencement of the class you will NOT be able to attend the class unless a verifiable exemption can be provided.
Refunds will not be provided for those students who register into a class and have not completed their vaccinations or who have not obtained the necessary exemption by the class date.
In the event that Summer School 2022 is unable to proceed we will look to re-schedule Classes in the first instance. If it becomes apparent we will not be able to run a Class then it will be cancelled with a full refund (see note below), Where this occurs the EGV will seek banking details from you in order to transfer refunds electronically.
Note: Where a kit has been supplied for pre-class work, the kit fee will not be refunded, instead other arrangements will be made for you to complete your kit.
THE FULL GUIDELINES FOR COVID CLASS ETIQUETTE CAN BE READ HERE * Class Covid Safe Directions
Why does it say there is no 'Refund Policy' on the EGV Website?
You may notice that the EGV Website advises that there are no refunds for Classes. While it is true that we are unable to process refunds through Member Jungle the ‘Class Refund Policy’ is that all are registrations are able to apply for a refund. It is up to the discretion of the Education Committee to determine an outcome for your application and some detail about your circumstances is required ie illness, family emergency. Please email email@example.com or complete the online Class Refund Application
A ‘change of mind’ is not generally an adequate reason for a refund however where a ‘Wait List’ exists for a Class, a refund will be considered so it is worth applying as early as possible.
Please note that an application for refund may incur a small administrative fee to cover the EGV expenses.
When a refund is approved the EGV will seek banking details from you in order to transfer refunds electronically.
I registered for my class but I forgot to order my kit. What do I do now?
In the event that you have forgotten to order your kit at the time of registration, simply order your kit using the * Alternate Payment Methods - All Classes online form. Arrange a bank transfer to pay for your kit as instructed on the form. Remember to add a comment so the Education Committee knows that you are just purchasing a kit.
- CB1 - Pineapple Pleasure in Blackwork (Class full - add name to waitlist) 7th January 2022 CB1 - PINEAPPLE PLEASURE IN BLACKWORK This delightful Scissor Fob provides the perfect accessory to complement your favourite pair of scissors with the matching Needlebook a fine companion. Combining the classic combination of olive green linen and ivory thread, pearl beads & silk ribbon then add t... more
- WF2 - Italian Smocking 7th January 2022 WF2 - ITALIAN SMOCKING Italian Smocking is the third of the group of smocking styles which have been given a country's name. This cushion displays an insert of Italian Smocking. The cushion has a piped edged & is feather stitched around the panel. In this project you will pleat your own fabric, smo... more
- KG4 - Creative Wool Embellishment 8th January 2022 CREATIVE WOOL EMBELLISHMENT Dates: Sat 08/01/22 & Sat 15/01/22 Time: 10.00 am - 3.00 pm Tutor: Kerry Gadd Skill Level: All Levels - some knowledge of basic stitches desirable A 2-day class where you will be shown how to use wool fabric & embroidery stitches to create texture & dimension. It is ... more
- ST3 - English Paper Piecing (Class full - add name to Waitlist) 8th January 2022 ST3 - ENGLISH PAPER PIECING Come along & learn how to construct beautiful patchwork pieces using the English paper piecing method. In this class you will learn how to use/make a variety of templates, join shapes & finish off your projects. Dates: Sat 08/01/22 & Sat 22/01/22 Time: 10.00 am - 3.0... more
- CB5 - 'Flowering in Red' (class full - add name to waitlist) 9th January 2022 CB5 - 'Flowering in Red' (Scissor Fob or Pin Cushion in Drawn Thread work) Drawn Thread work is one of the earliest and most ancient forms of openwork embroidery. This project is for those who would like to start or expand their knowledge of Whitework while enjoying working a contemporary colour ... more
- GS7 - Millinery & Accessory Trims 10th January 2022 GS7 - MILLINERY & ACCESSORY TRIMS Come learn various trim techniques that can be used to trim a hat, bridal veil or wear as a brooch Dates: Mon 10/01/22 & Tues 11/01/22 Time: 10.00 am - 3.00 pm Tutor: Georgia Skelton Skill Level: All Skill Levels more
- SS6 - Bollywood Sparkle 10th January 2022 SS6 BOLLYWOOD SPARKLE If you love colour & a bit of bling then you will enjoy these 2 days of stitching & sparkle! Dates: Mon 10/01/22 & Tues 11/01/22 Time: 10.00 am - 4.00 pm Tutor: Sue Senewiratne Skill Level: All Skill Levels more
- LH8 - Bayeux Tapestry Sampler (Class Full - add name to Waitlist) 12th January 2022 LH8 - BAYEUX TAPESTRY SAMPLER The Bayeux Tapestry is considered the oldest surviving example of crewel (wool) embroidery. In this class we'll take 1 of the animals of the border & create a sample of the Tapestry. Dates: Wed 12/01/22 & Wed 19/01/22 Time: 10.00 am - 3.00 pm Tutor: Lindsay Hussey ... more
- MG9 - Creative Canvas 13th January 2022 MG9 - CREATIVE CANVAS Students will stitch a free form design on 14 count canvas which has been sprayed gold. Small pieces of dyed silk chiffon and painted Tyvek will be appliqué to the canvas and embellished using a variety of canvas work and embroidery stitches, small beads etc. Dates: Thur ... more
- RJ10 - 'Summer Garden' 13th January 2022 RJ10 - 'SUMMER GARDEN' This is a simple but elegant Goldwork couching project. Dates: Thurs 13/01/22 & Mon 17/01/22 Time: 10.00 am - 3.00 pm Tutor: Rhona Justus Skill Level: All Skill Levels more
- AC11 - 'Invermay Wildflowers 1' (class full - see AC27 for identical class) 15th January 2022 AC11 - 'INVERMAY WILDFLOWERS 1' Hardenbergia, Dillwynia and Goodenia is the first in a series of our local wildflowers embroidered in Stumpwork. Dates: Sat 15/01/22 & Sat 22/01/22 Time: 10.00 am - 3.00 pm Tutor: Alison Cole Skill Level: All Levels more
- FMcK12 - 'Treasure Chest' 16th January 2022 FMcK12 - 'TREASURE CHEST' Easy & fun to make this little Treasure Chest is suitable for both hand & machine embroiderers. Dates: Sun 16/01/22 & Sun 23/01/22 Time: 10.00 am - 3.00 pm Tutor: Freya McKee Skill Level: All Levels more
- AE13 - Tidy Tote CLASS CANCELLED 18th January 2022 AE13 - TIDY TOTE The Tidy Tote allows you to pack up all the things you take to classes and retreats. This 2 day course will have you completing your very own Tidy Tote Dates: Tues 18/01/22 & Wed 19/01/22 Time: 10.00 am - 4.00 pm Tutor: Anita Ellis Skill Level: more
- KM14 - 'Summer Picnic' 20th January 2022 KM14 - 'SUMMER PICNIC' During this class you will learn a variety of Chicken Scratch stitches from the essential basics through to the more advanced stitches. Dates: Thur 20/01/22 & Thur 27/01/22 Time: 10.00 am - 3.00 pm Tutor: Kay Matthews Skill Level: Beginners & All Skill Levels more
- WF15 - Shadow Embroidery 21st January 2022 WF15 - SHADOW EMBROIDERY Shadow Embroidery uses herringbone stitch worked on the rear of the fabric to produce a colour on the front. This class builds on basic techniques to include a wide variety of shapes & overlapping & surface stitchery. Dates: Fri 21/01/22 & Thurs 27/01/22 Time: 10.00 a... more