Welcome to Summer School 2021
The same but different!
In 2021 the EGV is trying out Member Jungle to administer the 17 Summer School classes. Things have changes significantly since the last Summer School and this has meant finding new ways to make things happen.
We ask that you please read through the all the information on this page so you know what to expect and when.
- September 1, 2020: preview of Classes announced in Threadlines
- October 1, 2020: details of Classes published on Member Jungle and in Threadlines
- October 19, 2020: Class registrations commence at 10:00am
- January 4, 2021: Covid-Safe Summer School commences!
For easy reading you may like to download the Summer School Catalogue 2021 (.pdf 1.5mb)
All enquires to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All Summer School 2021 Classes will be administered using Member Jungle.
You can register yourself online using Member Jungle and finalise your payment, you will be confirmed immediately in your choice of Class. This is the most efficient and secure method for both EGV members and the Guild.
If you choose to make payment via an alternative method outside of Member Jungle then you are still able to submit your registration request in Member Jungle. Your registration will be completed for you when your payment is has been received. To comply with the EGV Covid-Safe Plan, cheques and cash cannot be accepted.
For those that are unable to use Member Jungle, complete a Class Application Form and send it via mail for processing by the Class Administrator.
All Classes have a limited number of places to align with the EGV Covid-Safe Plan for Embroidery House. When no places remain you will be unable to register online.
Should you find the Class you wish to attend is full then please complete the * Wait List Request and your name will be placed in order of receipt onto the Wait List for that Class. You will receive an email to confirm this has happened.
From October 19th there are two ways that you are able to register and make payment for your Class selection.
Complete your Class Registration using the 'Purchase Ticket' button at the top of the Class description.
Each screen in Member Jungle then steps you through your Class enrolment, your Class Kit purchase (optional) and you can add Notes if need be. By agreeing to use the third party payment gateway (the gold standard for internet payments) we can confirm your registration in the Class immediately.
You are encouraged to use this simple and efficient option as a first preference. We want Summer School 2021 to be about beautiful embroidery and not Covid complications. Thank you.
Submit your Class Registration request using the 'Alternate Payment Method' link at the bottom of the Class description.
- Direct bank credit to the EGV via internet banking
Bank account details are:
Account Name: The Embroiderers Guild, Victoria
Account Number: 009782635
Please ensure that you record the Class Code as a reference.
- EFTPOS transaction via telephone from 10:00am October 19, 2020
Please call 0403989410 to speak with Gail. If busy, leave your name and contact details on voice mail and you will be called back. You do not need to keep calling.
- Direct bank credit to the EGV via a personal visit to a Bank branch.
Please ensure that you record the Class Code on your deposit.
Please direct all enquires to email@example.com. Embroidery House is currently closed and the Office unattended, your enrolment cannot be processed if we do not receive it.
To comply with the EGV Covid-Safe Plan cheques and cash cannot be accepted.
Requirements Lists are available on the Class Description page for downloading.
For mailed Class Applications, Requirements Lists will be sent by email or mail.
To meet the EGV Covid-Safe Plan Kit purchases should be made at the time of registration. Cash handling in Class is at the discretion of the Tutor.
Should you choose not to purchase your Kit at the time of registration your Tutor will need to make alternate arrangements. You will be contacted in due course.
Should Summer School 2021 not be able to proceed we will be looking to re-schedule Classes in the first instance.
If it becomes apparent we will not be able to run a Class then it will be cancelled with a full refund. Where this occurs the EGV will seek banking details from you in order to transfer refunds electronically.
A Covid-Safe Plan will be in place for Embroidery House.
Why does it say there is no 'Refund Policy' in Member Jungle?
You may notice that Member Jungle advises that there are no refunds for Classes. While it is true that we are unable to process refunds through Member Jungle the ‘Class Refund Policy’ is that all are registrations are able to apply for a refund. It is up to the discretion of the Education Committee to determine an outcome for your application and some detail about your circumstances is required ie illness, family emergency. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org .
A ‘change of mind’ is not generally an adequate reason for a refund however where a ‘Wait List’ exists for a Class, a refund will be considered so it is worth applying as early as possible.
When a refund is approved the EGV will seek banking details from you in order to transfer refunds electronically.
I have a New Member's Voucher that is still current. Can I use it?
If you are a New Member with a valid Class Discount Voucher and have registered for a Summer School 2021 Class please email email@example.com to advise. Please provide your Voucher No. for verification and your banking details for refund of your entitlement.
The amount Non-members are asked to pay seems to be slightly different in Member Jungle to what I have seen published elsewhere. Why is that?
On occasion, in the past, there have been separate fees charged for EFTPOS usage, envelopes and stamps and system transaction fees. For ease of payment, these fees have now been absorbed into the single Class Fee that is paid.
We have, as we learn to work with Member Jungle, had to adapt old formulas to the new and this has thrown up some values that you may notice are a little extra for some Non-member Class Fees. This is the trade-off we have made to ensure we can offer online registrations to all.
We hope you can accommodate our ‘growing pains’, should this extra cost be an issue for you, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss.
- SD9 - Itty-Bitty Book 4th January 2021 ITTY-BITTY BOOK This project uses a variety of Counted Thread techniques - Cross Stitch, Blackwork, Pulled Thread and Counted Satin Stitch to create an attractive cover and internal details for your Itty-Bitty Book (stitching organiser). Due to the usual Christmas break for needlework shops, pleas... ... more
- WF16 - Preparation for Smocking a Bishop's Yoke 4th January 2021 PREPARATION FOR SMOCKING A BISHOP'S YOKE During this class you will learn how to pleat correctly, align the pleating for smocking, begin stitching and further tips on neckline binding and facings, taking you far beyond a Basic Bishop. Some work prior to class required. Dates: Monday 4th January ... ... more
- LO'S10 - Japanese Sashiko Stitching - From Basic to Pattern Transfer 5th January 2021 JAPANESE SASHIKO STITCHING 2 day introduction to Sashiko, a traditional Japanese stitching technique - from basic to learning pattern transfer. Dates: Tuesdays 5 and 12 January Times: 10.00am - 3.00pm Tutor: Leanne O'Sullivan (Kimono House) Skill Level: No previous experience required ... more
- WF17- Shadow Embroidery 5th January 2021 SHADOW EMBROIDERY This class offers an opportunity to explore the intricacies of forming shadows on transparent fabric with a simple herringbone stitch. Date: Tuesday 5th January Times: 10.00am - 3.00pm Tutor: Wendy Findlay Skill Level: Intermediate to Advanced ... more
- DB11- Aemilia Ars 6th January 2021 AEMILIA ARS NEEDLE LACE This class explores the Aemilia Ars needle lace technique. It is suitable for beginners of needle lace and those who have participated in learning different needle lace techniques. Dates: Wednesdays - 6th & 20th January Times: 10.00am - 3.00pm Tutor: Denise Bell Skill le... ... more
- CB1 - Blackwork Trilogy 8th January 2021 BLACKWORK TRILOGY Choose from a trilogy of projects in this class - Limonera Pear (2019), Honeycrisp Apple (2020) or Celeste Fig (2021) Dates: Fridays 08/01/21, 15/01/21, 29/01/21 Time: 10:00 - 3:00pm Tutor: Christine Burton Skill Level: Some experience required ... more
- SD 12 Miniature Spot Motif Sampler 8th January 2021 MINIATURE SPOT MOTIF SAMPLER The pincushion will be Part One of a five-part set, later to include a needlebook, scissor holder and fob, tape measure holder, and a drawstring bag to contain them all. Dates: Fridays 8 and 15 January Times: 10.00am – 3.00pm Tutor: Susan Davis Skill level: Beginner... ... more
- MT2 - Miniature Needlework Accessories 9th January 2021 MINIATURE NEEDLEWORK ACCESSORIES (Mother of Pearl accessories not included) This class will take you through some traditional Elizabethan stitches while stitching miniatures for your own sewing box or some treasures to give to very special friends. Dates: Saturday 09/01/21 & Sunday 10/01/21 Time... ... more
- FMcK14 - Flowers of the Orient - Wool Applique 10th January 2021 FLOWERS OF THE ORIENT - Wool Applique Your choice from several different floral designs, you will be using hand-dyed wool fabric, embellishing your flower with a variety of hand embroidery stitches, and beads. Dates: Sundays 10 & 17 January Times: 10.00am - 3.00pm Tutor: Freya McKee Skill level... ... more
- CB6 - The French Peare 11th January 2021 THE FRENCH PEARE A Stumpwork project featuring Silk Shading. Dates: Mondays 11/01/21 & 18/01/21 Time: 10:00am - 3:00pm Tutor: Christine Burton Skill Level: All levels welcome ... more
- MT3 - Elizabethan Animal Panel 12th January 2021 ELIZABETHAN ANIMAL PANEL This workshop is aimed at teaching you the complexities of stitching animals and learning to shape them so they look three dimensional and life like using detached buttonhole stitch. Dates: Tuesday 21/01/21 & Wednesday 13/01/21 Time: 9:00am for a 9:30am start - 3:30pm Tu... ... more
- MT4 -Diamond Jubilee Mystery Panel 16th January 2021 DIAMONDS & PEARLS - 2 DAY MYSTERY CLASS This workshop is a mystery project especially designed for the Victorian Embroiderers Guild 60th Anniversary year. Dates: Saturday 16/01/21 & Sunday 17/01/21 Time: 9:00am for a 9:30am start - 3:30pm Tutor: Maree Talbot Skill Level: Intermediate ... more
- AC13 - Branching Out 16th January 2021 BRANCHING OUT This project features a branch of a Canadian Maple being visited by a Canadian Question Mark Butterfly. The piece is worked in both Stumpwork and Goldwork embroidery techniques. Dates: Saturdays 16 & 23 January Times: 10.00am - 3.00pm Tutor: Alison Cole Skill Level: All levels wel... ... more
- MT5 -Diamond Jubilee Mystery Panel 19th January 2021 DIAMONDS & PEARLS - 2 DAY MYSTERY CLASS This workshop is a mystery project especially designed for the Victorian Embroiderers Guild 60th Anniversary year. Dates: Tuesday 19/01/21 & Wednesday 20/01/21 Time: 9:00am for a 9:30am start - 3:30pm Tutor: Maree Talbot Skill Level: Intermediate ... more
- MR15 - Or Nue Name Badge 19th January 2021 OR NUE NAME BADGE An introduction to Or Nue technique, results in a unique little name badge which can then be made up into a brooch, or stitched on to a work bag or similar. Dates: Tuesday 19 January| Time: 10.00am - 3.00pm Tutor Mary Robbie Skill level: Some hand embroidery experience recomme... ... more
- CB7 - Beginners Machine embroidery 21st January 2021 BEGINNERS FREE MOTION MACHINE EMBROIDERY This introductory course is to help you learn basic free motion embroidery skills including setting up your machine. Dates: Thursdays 21/01/21 & 28/01/21 Time: 10:00am - 3:00pm Tutor: Chris Beehag Skill Level: Beginners ... more
- RB8 - Fabric Journal 23rd January 2021 FABRIC JOURNAL WORKSHOP 2 Day Workshop In this workshop you will make a fabric journal, using new and recycled fabrics. Dates: Saturdays 23/1/21 & 30/1/21 Time: 10:00am - 4:00pm Tutor: Ro Bruhn Skill Level: All Levels ... more