Join The Embroiderers Guild, Victoria
JOIN EGV NOW!
The perfect environment to explore your creativity
- expert tuition and workshops for all levels at discounted rates
- access to resources - huge library and significant collection of needlework, tools and lace
- exhibitions, displays, speakers, events
- private social media groups
- encouragement and fellowship
Choose to belong to the EGV as a Melbourne member, or join one of our Branches. Select and Click below.
Membership Fees to 1st March 2024 (GST inclusive)
NB: A one-off joining fee of $25.00 applies to new memberships
Melbourne Metro Full Member $88.00 + $25.00 = $113.00
Melbourne Metro *Concession $82.00 + $25.00 = $107.00
Melbourne **Regional/Interstate $82.00 + $25.00 = $107.00
Branch Members $82.00 + $25.00 = $107.00
Student Full-time 18+ $40.00 + $25.00 = $65.00
Junior Under 18 years $20.00 + $25.00 = $45.00
*Aus Government Pension Holders only
**Residing more than 30 km from Melbourne CBD
Reciprocal Memberships are available to current financial members of other interstate or international Embroidery Guilds. For more details, Apply here.
In addition to regular member benefits, all new members receive
Why belong to the Embroiderers Guild, Victoria?
Guild Members enjoy gathering for tuition, resources, encouragement and fellowship – the perfect environment for creativity - whether at Embroidery House in Melbourne, or one of our Branches in Regional Victoria.
Being a member means you can …
MEET and CONNECT with other members frequently:
· attend regular meetings whenever it suits you, in person or via Zoom
· join a regular Guidance Group where you will find encouragement, help and friendship
· attend monthly General Meetings at Embroidery House with guest speaker – in person or via Zoom
· enjoy and contribute to ‘Threadlines’ - the EGV’s monthly newsletter - and Branch newsletters
· visit/follow our Facebook and Instagram accounts
· access the Members Area of the Website and our private Facebook page
· participate in retreats and excursions
LEARN a wide range of embroidery techniques and textile styles at in-house workshops and classes taught by local, state, national and international tutors.
· enjoy our annual Summer School program
· be supported as you learn new techniques
· use the resources of our extensive Library, Collections and Equipment
· be encouraged to follow your own interests and styles
· receive help with all aspects of embroidery
· explore fabrics, threads, techniques, forms, colours, patterns and products
PARTICIPATE in exhibitions - in Melbourne and at your local Branch, fundraising activities and other events, (such as displays and demonstrations) to promote, preserve and advance the art of embroidery.