Welcome to the EGV Class Schedule
All EGV Class Registrations are now processed through the EGV website on the Member Jungle platform. Make sure you are logged in prior to Registering to ensure you are offered the Member rate for class fees.
There has been an alteration to the Registation process - your acceptance of the Class/Workshop Agreement; provision of Emergency Contact Details and room accessibility will be captured prior to you being registered into the class, rather than being emailed out with forms for you to complete after Registration.
The new process: after clicking ticket purchase and purchasing your ticket and kit, the next pop-up window is the Registration page. On this page you will see your account details, if you scroll down the page, you then see the class you are Registered into along with the sub-total of fees (class fee & kit fee). Keep scrolling down the page and complete the questions regarding kit purchase, Class/Workshops Agreement, Emergency Contact and Accessibility. These questions are a hurdle requirement to completing your Registration and ticket purchase for the class.
For anyone who has not yet Registered into a class and is unsure of how to register a quick guide is provided below. For more details the Education Committee has prepared a downloadable step by step guide (which includes the new process) to 'Registering into a Class' - that can be accessed here * Documents
Whilst every effort is made to advertise when classes will be in the Upstairs Classroom, it is sometimes necessary to change rooms with little prior notice, especially when rescheduling due to COVID lockdowns. The Education Committee apologises for this and is doing our very best to reschedule classes mindful of Guidance Groups and others who may also wish to use the Gallery; we ask for your understanding when this occurs.
Please contact the Education Committee should you require any further assistance with registering for a class or for any other education/class related matter - email@example.com
The quick guide to Registering into a class.
You can register yourself online at the EGV website - LOG-IN (this ensures you are offered the Member class fee) - go to LEARN then select Classes. Choose your class, view all the details, then click the PURCHASE TICKET button to register into the class and make payment. You will be confirmed immediately in your choice of Class. This is the most efficient and secure method for both EGV members and the Guild.
If you choose to make payment via an alternative method (see details in Payment Methods), outside of the EGV Website/Member Jungle payment platform, then you are still able to submit your registration request on the EGV Website. Your registration will be completed for you when your payment has been received, with Bank Transfer being the preferred method. Please note that cheques and cash cannot be accepted.
For those that are unable to use the EGV Website, complete a Class Application Form and send it via mail for processing by the Class Administrator.
All Classes have a limited number of places and when no places remain you will be unable to register online, there is no possibility of an overbooked class.
Should you find the Class you wish to attend is full then please complete the * Wait List Request and your name will be placed in order of receipt onto the Wait List for that Class. You will receive an email to confirm this has happened.
There are two ways that you are able to register and make payment for your Class selection.
Complete your Class Registration using the 'Purchase Ticket' button at the top of the Class description.
Each screen in Member Jungle then steps you through your Class enrolment and your Class Kit purchase (mandatory). By agreeing to use the third party payment gateway (the gold standard for internet payments) we can confirm your registration in the Class immediately.
You are encouraged to use this simple and efficient option as a first preference.
Submit your Class Registration request using the 'Alternate Payment Method' link at the bottom of the Class description, then
- Arrange a bank transfer to the EGV via internet banking or personal visit to a bank branch
Bank account details are:
Account Name: The Embroiderers Guild, Victoria
Account Number: 009782635
Please ensure that you record the Class Name/Code as a reference
- A reminder, cheques and cash cannot be accepted.
Please direct all enquires to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Requirements Lists are available on the Class Description page for downloading.
For mailed Class Applications, Requirements Lists will be sent by email or mail.
It is mandatory that Kit purchases are made at the time of registration. Cash handling in Class is at the discretion of the Tutor.
In the event that you Register for your class and have forgotten to order your Kit do not despair. Simply order your kit using the Alternate Payment Form method, and arrange a bank transfer as described in Payment Methods. On your form add a comment so the Education Committee know that you are just purchasing the Kit.
Should 2021 classes not be able to proceed we will be looking to re-schedule Classes in the first instance.
If it becomes apparent we will not be able to run a Class then it will be cancelled with a full refund. Where this occurs the EGV will seek banking details from you in order to transfer refunds electronically.
A Covid-Safe Plan will be in place for Embroidery House.
Why does it say there is no 'Refund Policy' in Member Jungle?
You may notice that Member Jungle advises that there are no refunds for Classes. While it is true that we are unable to process refunds through Member Jungle the ‘Class Refund Policy’ is that all are registrations are able to apply for a refund. It is up to the discretion of the Education Committee to determine an outcome for your application and some detail about your circumstances is required ie illness, family emergency. Please email email@example.com or complete the online Class Refund Application
A ‘change of mind’ is not generally an adequate reason for a refund however where a ‘Wait List’ exists for a Class, a refund will be considered so it is worth applying as early as possible.
Please note that an application for refund may incur a small administrative fee to cover the EGV expenses.
When a refund is approved the EGV will seek banking details from you in order to transfer refunds electronically.
I have a New Member's Voucher that is still current. Can I use it?
If you are a New Member with a valid Class Discount Voucher and have registered for a Class please email firstname.lastname@example.org to advise. Please provide your Voucher No. for verification and your banking details for refund of your entitlement.
I Registered for my class and I forgot to order my Kit. What do I do now?
In the event that you Register for your class and have forgotten to order your Kit do not despair. Simply order your kit using the Alternate Payment Form method, and arrange a bank transfer as describe in Payment Methods. On your form add a comment so the Education Committee know that you are just purchasing the Kit.
- DB37 - Aemilia Ars Triangle 7th July 2021 AEMILIA ARS TRIANGLE Dates: 07/07/21, 04/08/21 & 25/08/21 Time: 10.00 am - 3.00 pm Tutor: Denise Bell Skill Level: All skill levels Aemilia Ars is an Italian needle lace technique, using needle and thread. It is often known as a derivative of Punto in Aria or Stitches in the Air. This class ha... more
- CB40 - Blackwork Trilogy 31st July 2021 BLACKWORK TRILOGY This project consists of 3 individual elements. The Limonera Pear (2019), The Honeycrisp Apple (2020) and the Celeste Fig (2021). Dates: 31/07/21, 15/08/21 & 04/09/21 Time: 10.00 am - 3.00 pm Tutor: Christine Burton Skill Level: Intermediate/Advanced more
- JM48 Intermediate Course - Crewel Embroidery 8th August 2021 JM48 Intermediate Course - Crewel Embroidery This Intermediate Crewel Embroidery will advance students beyond a basic level. As this course progresses emphasis will be aimed at providing a good working knowledge of stitches plus confidence with colour and basic design technique Dates: 8 August, 22... more
- MTw41 - 'Organza Flower' - Transfer Printed Organza Petals 21st August 2021 'ORGANZA FLOWER' Transfer Printed Organza Petals. Date: 21/08/21 Time: 10.00 am - 3.00 pm Tutor: Marilyn Townsend Skill Level: All Levels more
- AC46 - Jacobean Sunset 28th August 2021 JACOBEAN SUNSET Embroidered on lustrous hand dyed Hanah silk velvet using English gilt metal threads and a range of speciality threads and ribbons along with metal shim and garnet beads. Dates: 28/08/21 & 04/09/21 Time: 10.00 am - 3.00 pm Tutor: Alison Cole Skill Level: All levels more
- DB49 Reticella Embroidered Needle Lace: Intermediate Level 18th September 2021 DB49 Reticella Embroidered Needle Lace: Intermediate Level Dates: 18 Sept 2021 - 12 February 2022 Assessment Day - 2 April 2022 Time: 10.00 am - 2.00 pm Tutor: Denise Bell Skill Level: Beginner to Advanced Beginner more
- RJ36 - Freeform Beaded Pin Cushion - (New date due to lockdown) 16th October 2021 FREEFORM BEADED PIN CUSHION This cute little pin cushion is a great introduction to freeform beadwork. Work in square stitch to cover the tube, to create a base for bead embellishment. The surface decoration can be worked on any fabric surface. Try something new. Create something useful and beauti... more