Welcome to the EGV Class Schedule
All EGV Embroidery House (Metro) Class Registrations are now processed through the EGV website on the Member Jungle platform. Make sure you are logged in prior to Registering to ensure you are offered the Member rate for class fees.
For anyone who has not yet Registered into a class and is unsure of how to register a quick guide is provided below. For more details the Education Committee has prepared a downloadable step by step guide to 'Registering into a Class' - that can be accessed here * Documents
Whilst every effort is made to advertise when classes will be in the Upstairs Classroom, sometimes it becomes necessary to change rooms. The Education Committee is mindful of Guidance Groups and others who may also wish to use the Gallery. We apologise for any room changes that may occur, and we ask for your understanding.
Please contact the Education Committee should you require any further assistance with registering for a class or for any other education/class related matter - firstname.lastname@example.org
The quick guide to Registering into a class.
You can register yourself online at the EGV website - LOG-IN (this ensures you are offered the Member class fee) - go to LEARN then select Classes. Choose your class, view all the details, then click the PURCHASE TICKET button to register into the class and make payment. You will be confirmed immediately in your choice of Class. This is the most efficient and secure method for both EGV members and the Guild.
If you choose to make payment via an alternative method (see details in Payment Methods), outside of the EGV Website/Member Jungle payment platform, then you are still able to submit your registration request on the EGV Website. Your registration will be completed for you when your payment has been received, with Bank Transfer being the preferred method. Please note that cheques and cash cannot be accepted.
For those that are unable to use the EGV Website, complete a Class Application Form and send it via mail for processing by the Class Administrator.
All Classes have a limited number of places and when no places remain you will be unable to register online, there is no possibility of an overbooked class.
Should you find the Class you wish to attend is full then please complete the * Wait List Request and your name will be placed in order of receipt onto the Wait List for that Class. You will receive an email to confirm this has happened.
There are two ways that you are able to register and make payment for your Class selection.
Complete your Class Registration using the 'Purchase Ticket' button at the top of the Class description.
Each screen in Member Jungle then steps you through your Class enrolment and your Class Kit purchase (mandatory). By agreeing to use the third party payment gateway (the gold standard for internet payments) we can confirm your registration in the Class immediately.
You are encouraged to use this simple and efficient option as a first preference.
Submit your Class Registration request using the 'Alternate Payment Method' link at the bottom of the Class description, then
- Arrange a bank transfer to the EGV via internet banking or personal visit to a bank branch
Bank account details are:
Account Name: The Embroiderers Guild, Victoria
Account Number: 009782635
Please ensure that you record the Class Name/Code as a reference
- A reminder, cheques and cash cannot be accepted.
Please direct all enquires to email@example.com.
Requirements Lists are available on the Class Description page for downloading.
For mailed Class Applications, Requirements Lists will be sent by email or mail.
It is mandatory that Kit purchases are made at the time of registration. Cash handling in Class is at the discretion of the Tutor.
In the event that you Register for your class and have forgotten to order your Kit do not despair. Simply order your kit using the * Alternate Payment Methods - All Classes, and arrange a bank transfer as described in Payment Methods. On your form add a comment so the Education Committee know that you are just purchasing the Kit.
Why does it say there is no 'Refund Policy' in Member Jungle?
You may notice that Member Jungle advises that there are no refunds for Classes. While it is true that we are unable to process refunds through Member Jungle the ‘Class Refund Policy’ is that all are registrations are able to apply for a refund. It is up to the discretion of the Education Committee to determine an outcome for your application and some detail about your circumstances is required ie illness, family emergency. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the online Class Refund Application
A ‘change of mind’ is not generally an adequate reason for a refund however where a ‘Wait List’ exists for a Class, a refund will be considered so it is worth applying as early as possible.
Please note that an application for refund may incur a small administrative fee to cover the EGV expenses.
When a refund is approved the EGV will seek banking details from you in order to transfer refunds electronically.
I Registered for my class and I forgot to order my Kit. What do I do now?
In the event that you Register for your class and have forgotten to order your Kit do not despair. Simply order your kit using the * Alternate Payment Methods - All Classes, and arrange a bank transfer as describe in Payment Methods. On your form add a comment so the Education Committee know that you are just purchasing the Kit.
- CLASS-INTERMEDIATE (INFORMATION ONLY)- JB19 Contemporary Canvaswork - Intermediate level 19th February 2023 JB19 - CONTEMPORARY CANVASWORK - INTERMEDIDATE COURSE INFORMATION Course Commencing - 22 April 2023 Tutor: Jenny Bakos Skill level: Advanced Beginner This page is for information only. If you are eligible for Registration (EGV members/ or reciprocal guild members) please visit the Event Page ... more
- CLASS - MH34 Flora, Daisy Rose Stitching 25th March 2023 MH34 - FLORA, DAISY ROSE STITCHING Fun random stitching with no plan, you will create a linen panel which can be used as a cushion, bag or picture. Date: Sat 25/3/23 Time: 12.00pm - 5.00pm Tutor: Melanie Hill Skill Level: Beginner more
- CLASS - SvR25 Creative Freestyle Embroidery: Bottlebrush & Flannel Flowers 1st April 2023 SvR25 - CREATIVE FREESTYLE EMBROIDERY: BOTTLEBRUSH & FLANNEL FLOWERS A medley of Australian Flora is a creative embroidery class using different stitches, colours and ideas. A finished sample will be displayed showing: Scarlet Bottlebrush, Hibbertia, Copper Glow and the Flannel Flowers. Date: Sat ... more
- EVENT - The Autumn Leaves Seminar, Ballarat 12th April 2023 Join The Embroiderers Guild, Victoria Ballarat Branch for The Autumn Leaves Seminar - 5 days of classes in a variety of techniques suitable for embroiderers of all skill levels in leafy Ballarat. more
- CLASS - SvR26 Creative Freestyle Embroidery: Proteas & Wattle 15th April 2023 SvR26 - SvR26 CREATIVE FREESTYLE EMBROIDERY: PROTEAS & WATTLE A medley of Australian Flora is a creative embroidery class using different stitches, colours and ideas. A finished sample will be displayed showing: Blue Flax Lily, Protea Pink Ice, Pincushion Protea, Pink Boronia, Chameasaila, Golden W... more
- CLASS - RJ35 Fabric Bracelet with Bling 21st April 2023 RJ35 FABRIC BRACELET WITH BLING It’s school holiday time. Introduce the younger members of your family to the Guild. Bring them along to this beginner class to make a pretty fabric bracelet decorated with beautiful beads and sequins. This project is suitable for anyone over 10 years of age (teena... more
- CLASS - SvR27 Creative Freestyle Embroidery: Gumnut & Waratah 23rd April 2023 SvR27 - SvR27 CREATIVE FREESTYLE EMBROIDERY: GUMNUT & WARATAH A medley of Australian Flora is a creative embroidery class using different stitches, colours and ideas. A finished sample will be displayed showing: Flowering Gum, Pimelea (Rice Flower), Pennisetom (Fountain Grass), Lobelia Blue, Warata... more
- CLASS - SF24 'The Elephant in the Room' 29th April 2023 SF24 - 'THE ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM' This class is all about having fun, experimenting with stitches and letting your imagination run free while “colouring in” the elephant in your choice of colours. The emphasis will be on playing with different stitches and textures, rather than just relying on the ... more
- CLASS - HC36 Butterfly Needlelace Sampler 6th May 2023 HC36 BUTTERFLY NEEDLELACE SAMPLER Come along and have some fun creating a needle lace wings. We will learn how to lay the foundation cords, some simple needle lace stitches and how to finish your piece off before removing it from the foundation. Date: Sat 6/5/23 Time: 10.00 am - 3.00 pm Tutor: H... more
- CLASS DC33 - Japanese Embroidery - Dancing of Flowers 20th May 2023 DC33 - Japanese Embroidery - Dancing of Flowers Dates: Sat 20th & Sun 21st May 2023 Time: 10.00am - 3.00pm Tutor: Dianne Conomos Skill Level: Advanced Beginners to Intermediate Class Fees: EGV Member: $161.25 Non-member: $215.00 There is no Kit for this class. Student to see note on Requir... more