Welcome to the EGV Class Schedule
All EGV Embroidery House (Metro) Class Registrations are now processed through the EGV website on the Member Jungle platform. Make sure you are logged in prior to Registering to ensure you are offered the Member rate for class fees.
For anyone who has not yet Registered into a class and is unsure of how to register a quick guide is provided below. For more details the Education Committee has prepared a downloadable step by step guide to 'Registering into a Class' - that can be accessed here * Documents
Whilst every effort is made to advertise when classes will be in the Upstairs Classroom, sometimes it becomes necessary to change rooms. The Education Committee is mindful of Guidance Groups and others who may also wish to use the Gallery. We apologise for any room changes that may occur, and we ask for your understanding.
Please contact the Education Committee should you require any further assistance with registering for a class or for any other education/class related matter - email@example.com
The quick guide to Registering into a class.
You can register yourself online at the EGV website - LOG-IN (this ensures you are offered the Member class fee) - go to LEARN then select Classes. Choose your class, view all the details, then click the PURCHASE TICKET button to register into the class and make payment. You will be confirmed immediately in your choice of Class. This is the most efficient and secure method for both EGV members and the Guild.
If you choose to make payment via an alternative method (see details in Payment Methods), outside of the EGV Website/Member Jungle payment platform, then you are still able to submit your registration request on the EGV Website. Your registration will be completed for you when your payment has been received, with Bank Transfer being the preferred method. Please note that cheques and cash cannot be accepted.
For those that are unable to use the EGV Website, complete a Class Application Form and send it via mail for processing by the Class Administrator.
All Classes have a limited number of places and when no places remain you will be unable to register online, there is no possibility of an overbooked class.
Should you find the Class you wish to attend is full then please complete the * Wait List Request and your name will be placed in order of receipt onto the Wait List for that Class. You will receive an email to confirm this has happened.
There are two ways that you are able to register and make payment for your Class selection.
Complete your Class Registration using the 'Purchase Ticket' button at the top of the Class description.
Each screen in Member Jungle then steps you through your Class enrolment and your Class Kit purchase (mandatory). By agreeing to use the third party payment gateway (the gold standard for internet payments) we can confirm your registration in the Class immediately.
You are encouraged to use this simple and efficient option as a first preference.
Submit your Class Registration request using the 'Alternate Payment Method' link at the bottom of the Class description, then
- Arrange a bank transfer to the EGV via internet banking or personal visit to a bank branch
Bank account details are:
Account Name: The Embroiderers Guild, Victoria
Account Number: 009782635
Please ensure that you record the Class Name/Code as a reference
- A reminder, cheques and cash cannot be accepted.
Please direct all enquires to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Requirements Lists are available on the Class Description page for downloading.
For mailed Class Applications, Requirements Lists will be sent by email or mail.
It is mandatory that Kit purchases are made at the time of registration. Cash handling in Class is at the discretion of the Tutor.
In the event that you Register for your class and have forgotten to order your Kit do not despair. Simply order your kit using the * Alternate Payment Methods - All Classes, and arrange a bank transfer as described in Payment Methods. On your form add a comment so the Education Committee know that you are just purchasing the Kit.
Why does it say there is no 'Refund Policy' in Member Jungle?
You may notice that Member Jungle advises that there are no refunds for Classes. While it is true that we are unable to process refunds through Member Jungle the ‘Class Refund Policy’ is that all are registrations are able to apply for a refund. It is up to the discretion of the Education Committee to determine an outcome for your application and some detail about your circumstances is required ie illness, family emergency. Please email email@example.com or complete the online Class Refund Application
A ‘change of mind’ is not generally an adequate reason for a refund however where a ‘Wait List’ exists for a Class, a refund will be considered so it is worth applying as early as possible.
Please note that an application for refund may incur a small administrative fee to cover the EGV expenses.
When a refund is approved the EGV will seek banking details from you in order to transfer refunds electronically.
I Registered for my class and I forgot to order my Kit. What do I do now?
In the event that you Register for your class and have forgotten to order your Kit do not despair. Simply order your kit using the * Alternate Payment Methods - All Classes, and arrange a bank transfer as describe in Payment Methods. On your form add a comment so the Education Committee know that you are just purchasing the Kit.
- SS CLASS - CB8 Strawberry Delight 7th January 2023 CB8 STRAWBERRY DELIGHT A reminder of sweet & sunny summer days having a picnic in the park, this fun project covers a range of Stumpwork (raised embroidery) techniques. In luminous silks the design stitched is worked on silk dupion with a little bit of gold sparkle the final touch. Dates: Saturd... more
- SS CLASS - SS5 Moth Magic - Class Full 7th January 2023 SS5 - MOTH MAGIC In this workshop you will create a beautiful 3D moth using a combination of machine and hand embroidery techniques. Date: Saturday 7/1/23 Time: 10.00am - 3.00pm Tutor: Sue Senewiratne Skill level: All levels (see note) more
- SS CLASS - KG7 Chain Stitch Adventure 8th January 2023 KG7 - CHAIN STITCH ADVENTURE There are many variations of the humble chain stitch. So far I have come up with at least 25 plus. We will be exploring the different ways of combining the base stitches with other stitches to form interesting effects. Dates: Sunday 8/1/23 & Sunday 22/1/23 Time: 10... more
- SS CLASS - SS6 Moth Magic - Class Full 8th January 2023 SS6 - MOTH MAGIC In this workshop you will create a beautiful 3D moth using a combination of machine and hand embroidery techniques. Date: Sunday 8/1/23 Time: 10.00am - 3.00pm Tutor: Sue Senewiratne Skill level: All Levels (see note) more
- SS CLASS - WF11 Surprise and Delight Yourself (Counterchange Smocking) 9th January 2023 WF11 - SURPRISE AND DELIGHT YOURSELF (Counterchange Smocking) See your work come alive and form shapes and patterns from striped spotted or regular patterned fabrics. This smocking technique does not require the task of pleating and yet produces most interesting results when it changes colours on s... more
- SS CLASS - ST4 Needlebooks Galore! 10th January 2023 ST4 NEEDLEBOOKS GALORE! You can never have enough needlebooks – especially if you are like most of us and have several projects on the go at the same time. In this class you will learn how to stitch and construct a variety of needlebooks. You will learn lots of techniques and tips Dates: Tuesday ... more
- SS CLASS - WF12 Monograms in Shadow Embroidery 11th January 2023 WF12 - MONOGRAMS IN SHADOW EMBROIDERY This class is an opportunity to gain experience or extend your Shadow Embroidery knowledge to stitch a monogram. This style of embroidery is a simple herringbone stitch giving amazing results. Date: Wednesday 11/1/23 Time: 10.00am - 3.00pm Tutor: Wendy Fin... more
- SS CLASS - LO'S13 Japanese Temari Wrap - Class Full 12th January 2023 LO'S13 JAPANESE TEMARI WRAP An enjoyable class making Japanese temari – a traditional Japanese embroidered decorative ball. Our day includes creating your own temari from the basic core through to a simple decorative pattern suitable for beginners. Date: Thursday 12/1/23 Time: 10.00am - 3.00pm ... more
- SS CLASS - MG10 Elegant Silk Pear 12th January 2023 MG10 ELEGANT SILK PEAR Make an elegant hand embroidered silk pear, embellished with gold thread and beads. Dates: Thursday 12/1/23 & Friday 13/1/23 Time: 10.00am - 3.00pm Tutor: Mandy Ginsberg Skill level: All Levels more
- SS CLASS - LH14 Beaded Scissor Keep 13th January 2023 LH14 BEADED SCISSOR KEEP In the early days, I believe a scissor keep was filled with emery or a similar substance so that you could sharpen your needle. Nowadays we just buy another pack. The weight of the keep also ensured that, when dropped, the keep was the first to land on the floor, followed... more