Welcome to the EGV Class Schedule
All EGV Embroidery House (Metro) Class Registrations are now processed through the EGV website on the Member Jungle platform. Make sure you are logged in prior to Registering to ensure you are offered the Member rate for class fees.
For anyone who has not yet Registered into a class and is unsure of how to register a quick guide is provided below. For more details the Education Committee has prepared a downloadable step by step guide to 'Registering into a Class' - that can be accessed here * Documents
Whilst every effort is made to advertise when classes will be in the Upstairs Classroom, sometimes it becomes necessary to change rooms. The Education Committee is mindful of Guidance Groups and others who may also wish to use the Gallery. We apologise for any room changes that may occur, and we ask for your understanding.
Please contact the Education Committee should you require any further assistance with registering for a class or for any other education/class related matter - firstname.lastname@example.org
The quick guide to Registering into a class.
You can register yourself online at the EGV website - LOG-IN (this ensures you are offered the Member class fee) - go to LEARN then select Classes. Choose your class, view all the details, then click the PURCHASE TICKET button to register into the class and make payment. You will be confirmed immediately in your choice of Class. This is the most efficient and secure method for both EGV members and the Guild.
If you choose to make payment via an alternative method (see details in Payment Methods), outside of the EGV Website/Member Jungle payment platform, then you are still able to submit your registration request on the EGV Website. Your registration will be completed for you when your payment has been received, with Bank Transfer being the preferred method. Please note that cheques and cash cannot be accepted.
For those that are unable to use the EGV Website, complete a Class Application Form and send it via mail for processing by the Class Administrator.
All Classes have a limited number of places and when no places remain you will be unable to register online, there is no possibility of an overbooked class.
Should you find the Class you wish to attend is full then please complete the * Wait List Request and your name will be placed in order of receipt onto the Wait List for that Class. You will receive an email to confirm this has happened.
There are two ways that you are able to register and make payment for your Class selection.
Complete your Class Registration using the 'Purchase Ticket' button at the top of the Class description.
Each screen in Member Jungle then steps you through your Class enrolment and your Class Kit purchase (mandatory). By agreeing to use the third party payment gateway (the gold standard for internet payments) we can confirm your registration in the Class immediately.
You are encouraged to use this simple and efficient option as a first preference.
Submit your Class Registration request using the 'Alternate Payment Method' link at the bottom of the Class description, then
- Arrange a bank transfer to the EGV via internet banking or personal visit to a bank branch
Bank account details are:
Account Name: The Embroiderers Guild, Victoria
Account Number: 009782635
Please ensure that you record the Class Name/Code as a reference
- A reminder, cheques and cash cannot be accepted.
Please direct all enquires to email@example.com.
Requirements Lists are available on the Class Description page for downloading.
For mailed Class Applications, Requirements Lists will be sent by email or mail.
It is mandatory that Kit purchases are made at the time of registration. Cash handling in Class is at the discretion of the Tutor.
In the event that you Register for your class and have forgotten to order your Kit do not despair. Simply order your kit using the * Alternate Payment Methods - All Classes, and arrange a bank transfer as described in Payment Methods. On your form add a comment so the Education Committee know that you are just purchasing the Kit.
Why does it say there is no 'Refund Policy' in Member Jungle?
You may notice that Member Jungle advises that there are no refunds for Classes. While it is true that we are unable to process refunds through Member Jungle the ‘Class Refund Policy’ is that all are registrations are able to apply for a refund. It is up to the discretion of the Education Committee to determine an outcome for your application and some detail about your circumstances is required ie illness, family emergency. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the online Class Refund Application
A ‘change of mind’ is not generally an adequate reason for a refund however where a ‘Wait List’ exists for a Class, a refund will be considered so it is worth applying as early as possible.
Please note that an application for refund may incur a small administrative fee to cover the EGV expenses.
When a refund is approved the EGV will seek banking details from you in order to transfer refunds electronically.
I Registered for my class and I forgot to order my Kit. What do I do now?
In the event that you Register for your class and have forgotten to order your Kit do not despair. Simply order your kit using the * Alternate Payment Methods - All Classes, and arrange a bank transfer as describe in Payment Methods. On your form add a comment so the Education Committee know that you are just purchasing the Kit.
- CLASS - ST29 Let's Get Started and Stitch 4th June 2023 ST29 - Let's Get Started and Stitch Are you all inspired to learn some basic embroidery stitches to get you moving on your stitching journey? In this two-day class you will learn many simple stitches from the various groups of stitches. Dates: Sun 4/6/23 & Sat 17/6/23 Time: 10.00am - 3.00pm Tuto... more
- CLASS - KG37 The Perfect Pumpkin 25th June 2023 KG37 THE PERFECT PUMPKIN This is a two-day workshop. Beginners are welcome. A knowledge of basic embroidery stitches would be an advantage. This class is aimed at extending wool embroidery and surface stitchery skills whilst making a delightful, imaginative pumpkin. It will be a great extension for... more
- CLASS - CB42 Introduction to Shaded Blackwork 1st July 2023 CB42 - INTRODUCTION TO SHADED BLACKWORK Ever imagined your own Blackwork interpretation of a favourite image? This two day technique class is the perfect way to build your knowledge of the step-by- step process that brings your vision to reality. Date: Sat 1/7/23 & Sun 9/7/23 Time: 10.00am - 3.... more
- CLASS - RJ2 Coil Pots (and Beyond) 1st July 2023 RJ2 - Coil Pots (and Beyond) A fun class using only your sewing machine to make machine wrapped cords, then turning them into these cute little coil pots. Date: Saturday 1/7/23 Time: 10.00am - 3.00pm Tutor: Rhonda Justus Skill level: All Levels more
- CLASS - AM39 Shades of Indigo 9th July 2023 AM39 - SHADES OF INDIGO Students will use some basic surface embroidery stitches and spend time exploring thread painting/ colour blending on a small scale. Date: Sun 9/7/23 Time: 10.00 am - 3.00 pm Tutor: Ana Mallah Skill Level: All Levels more
- CLASS LO'S40 Sashiko - From Basics to Pattern Transfer 14th July 2023 LO'S40 SASHIKO - FROM BASICS TO PATTERN TRANSFER Leanne O’Sullivan will guide you in this relaxing and enjoyable 2-day introduction to sashiko, a traditional Japanese needlework. Date: Fri 14/7/23 & Sat 15/7/23 Time: 10.00am - 3.00pm Tutor: Leanne O'Sullivan Skill Level: All Levels more
- CLASS - IP44 Paper Marbling Workshop - CLASS FULL 16th July 2023 IP44 PAPER MARBLING WORKSHOP This class is now full -please add your name to the waitlist - the link is on the event page. Date: Sun 16/7/23 Time: 10.30am - 2.00pm Tutor: Il Papiro Skill Level:Beginner more
- CLASS - PW52 Hardanger Beginner and Beyond 22nd July 2023 PW52 - HARDANGER BEGINNER AND BEYOND A small project to introduce the charm of Hardanger Embroidery - traditionally a whitework technique from Norway. This incorporates counted, drawn, pulled and needlewoven embroidery. Date: Sat 22/7/23 & Sun 23/7/23 Time: 10.00am - 3.00pm Tutor: Penny Wolswink... more
- CLASS - WF46 Basic Smocking and Beyond 13th August 2023 WF46 - BASIC SMOCKING AND BEYOND Date: Sun 13/8/23 Time: 10.00am - 3.00pm Tutor: Wendy Findlay Skill Level: more
- CLASS - SD33 Beaded Christmas Tree 19th August 2023 SD33 - BEADED CHRISTMAS TREE Create a pretty Christmas Tree Pin using Delica beads. A variety of designs, and materials for two pins will be supplied on the day. Finished pins are 3cms high. Date: Saturday 19/8/23 Time: 10.00 am - 3.00 pm Tutor: Susan Davis Skill Level: All levels more