Find your nearest Branch or Country Group
The Embroiderers Guild, Victoria, is a statewide organisation and there are 12 vitally active regional branches (including 1 country group) whose members enjoy monthly activities, classes, exhibitions, excursions and more.
All levels of skill - beginners especially - and the same wide range of embroidery techniques are practised, shared and encouraged. Visitors are welcome at all their meetings.
Note: Due to Covid-19 restrictions, regular meetings and activities have been suspended in some areas. Please check with the branch for the current situation.
Meetings: First and third Tuesdays each month form 9.30 am - 2.30 pm, February to November.
Plus: We run workshops, classes, Sit & Sew sessions. Visitors are always welcome.
Contact: 0417 021 209 Email: email@example.com
- Monthly classes (in-house and external tutors)
- Annual bus trip to other branches, a shopping trip to Melbourne, or to an exhibition
- Every second year, we hold our own exhibition
- Visitors and all EGV members are most welcome.
- Prospective members may visit 3 times before joining.
Contact: 0439 386 688 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sit and Sew
1st Saturday: 10.30am – 3.00pm
Smocking and Beading
2nd Tuesday: 10.30am – 3.00pm
2nd Tuesday: 6.00pm – 9.00pm
2nd Thursday: 7.00pm – 10.00pm
Sit and Sew
3rd Tuesday: 7.00pm – 10.00pm
Sit and Sew
3rd Thursday: 10.30am – 3.00pm
4th Tuesday: 10.30am – 3.00pm
4th Tuesday: 6.30pm – 9.30pm
4th Wednesday: 10.30am – 3.00pm
· Every two years we hold an exhibition.
· In alternate years we run our Autumn Leaves Seminar (the next in 2023).
· Workshops, classes, and social events are held in response to members’ interests.
· Our current membership is approximately 125.
· We’d love to meet you.
· Beginners are very welcome.
(Melway ref: 609 C3)
Contact: 0413 275 565 Email: email@example.com
Monthly Meetings: We meet on the first Sunday of each month, from 10.00am – 3.00pm. On this day we hold our general meeting over lunch and members bring their own stitiching to work on. There are often guest speakers and shared lunches for special occasions. There are also regular special interest days and an informative monthly newsletter.
Visitors are most welcome to attend. Come and join us. We look forward to meeting you.
SPECIAL INTEREST DAYS EACH MONTH
- Third Sunday of the month:
- Sit and Sew
- Lace Group
- Junior Group
- UFO stitching (members supporting members)
- As advised in our newsletter
- Crazy Patch & Small Treasurers
- Boutique (where items are made to sell at our biennial exhibition)
- Summer School every January
- Winter School each alternate year in July
- Exhibition every two years.
Meetings: We meet on the third Wednesday of every month (except January) from 10.00am to 3.00pm. At this meeting members work on individual or group projects, and there is also a general meeting. There are frequent guest speakers and shared luncheons.
Visitors are most welcome to all meetings.
Special interest groups meet regularly:
- Saturday Group
- In Stitches Group – devoted to every kind of surface stitchery
- Conservation and Historical Studies Group
- Texture and Stitch (machine embroidery and surface embellishment)
- Crewel Group
- Drawn Thread Group
PLUS: we provide:
- A lively and informative monthly newsletter.
- A comprehensive lending library covering all forms of stitching and textile art.
- Our own branch website.
- A biennial exhibition in conjunction with the Castlemaine State Festival. (Next date: March 20-24, 2021: 21 Years along the Embroiderers Path’)
- Workshops, classes, outings and social events.
Flinders foreshore, overlooking Westernport Bay and Philip Island
(Melway ref: 262 B10)
Stitching, friendship, and an incomparable view!
Meetings: All Guild members and other visitors are welcome to join us every first Monday and every fifth Monday (if the month has a fifth Monday) of the month at the Flinders Yacht Club..
How to find us:
- Drive down to the pier, then along the car park to a small gate.
- Follow the gravel road for quite a distance till you come to a clearing and a wooden building right on the foreshore.
- That’s the Flinders Yacht Club! We meet there every first and fifth Monday from February to December.
Contact: 0419 165 353 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Special interest groups also meet regularly - please contact us for current meeting places.
Counted Thread Techniques
First Monday of the month: 9.30am – 12.30pm
Third Monday of the month: 11.00pm – 3.00pm.
GeeTag (Fibre Art)Group
Second Saturday of the month: 12.00 noon – 4.00pm
The Manor Lakes Group meets at the Manor Lakes Community Learning Centre on the first Thursday of the month at 10.00am. Bring something to sew, or join in one of our group activities (bring needle and scissors) and join us for lunch.
Fourth Wednesday of the month: 10.00am.
More groups meet regularly at members’ homes.
We also provide:
- ‘Introduction to Embroidery’ sessions (please contact us if you wish to join a beginners session).
- Classes in a range of techniques from beginner to advanced levels throughout the year. Sign-up sheets are available at our meetings.
- A comprehensive library available for borrowing covering traditional and contemporary embroidery and textile arts.
- Fun, friendship, and a stitch-supportive environment.
For the latest class and meeting details please check our branch website.
Peart Street, Leongatha
Branch Postal Address:
PO Box 46, Leongatha Vic 3953
Contact: (03) 5655 1626 Email: email@example.com
Meetings: Regular monthly meetings are held on the second Tuesday of every month, from February to December, between 9.00am and 12 noon.
- Guild members and visitors are always very welcome to join us.
- Cape Paterson Community Centre on the third Thursday of each month, from 10.00am to 2.00pm
- Korumburra Access Centre, 3 Radovick Street, Korumburra from 9.30am to 2.30pm.
Although we are a relatively small branch, we are very productive and enjoy a diversity of skills, techniques, materials and projects. One of the lovely aspects of our group is that we are inclusive and supportive of everyone. We celebrate and applaud beautifully traditional and excitingly contemporary embroideries. It’s wonderful to have talented members willing to teach and we simply ask. We proudly invite you to click on the links below to view our work and to contact us to say 'Hello'.
Where we meet:
MADEC (Mildura and District Education Centre)
133-177 Madden Avenue, Mildura
(opposite the Mildura RSL)
Branch Postal Address:
PO Box 131, Mildura Vic 3502
President Kerry Koops 0438 293 796
or Secretary Kathy Rogerson 0427 833 245
(Please contact us to find out the latest news - meetings change as the pandemic situation changes)
- Sit and Sew every Wednesday and Friday from 9.30am – 3.00pm
- We also meet on the second and fourth Saturday of each month with our felting group
- Our basketry group meets on the second Wednesday each month
- We enjoy January's Summer School with specific skills or projects being offered in-house
- A highlight is our Exhibition which occurs every 2 years in September
We invite you to view a range of our textiles at https://www.facebook.com/embroiderersguildmildura
Newsletters: Our friendly group is delighted to receive our weekly newsletters with photos and captions. In 2020, we published 43, which were emailed (or posted as required).
Please see the attached document of our first newsletter for 2021.
Published Books: We are particularly proud of our annual hardcover books, which are professionally published to showcase photos of every member, their textile works, tutors and special events.
Please click the link to our 2020 book titled 'Our Year in Isewlation' with 100 pages and 723 photos.
(A will flash on your screen for a short time.... and then you can enjoy our 'picture story' book)
2020 Book Cover
3 Sample Pages from our 2020 Book:
Please pop back as we update frequently. Take care everyone
Canadian Bay Rd, Mt Eliza
(Melway ref: 101 E/F 1)
Branch Postal Address:
PO Box 220, Mt Eliza Vic 3930
Contact: (03) 9787 3055 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Meetings: We meet every Wednesday, from February to mid-December:
- First Wednesday of the month: 9.30am to 12.30pm
- Second Wednesday: 1.30pm to 4.00pm.
- Third Wednesday: 1.30pm to 4.00pm
- Fourth Wednesday: 9.30am to 12.30pm.
- Fifth Wednesday (if there is one!): 9.30am to 12.30pm.
Visitors are most welcome to attend any meeting.
The Masonic Centre
Appin Street, Wangaratta
PO Box 904, Wangaratta Vic 3256
- The Day Group meets on the fourth Tuesday of every month, from 9.30am to 2.00pm.
- The Night Group meets on the the first Monday of each month from 7.00pm to 9.30pm. We sit and stitch, or work on a planned activity.
- The Traditional Group meets on the second Tuesday of each month from 9.30am to 1.30pm, in the home of a member.
Warrnambool West Primary School
Hoddle Street, Warrnambool
PO Box 433, Warrnambool Vic 3280
- General Meeting - Warrnambool West Primary School, Second Tuesday 7.30 pm
- Daytime Sit & Sews - Members Homes, First & Third Thursdays, Noon - 4 pm
- Guidance Days - Warrnambool West Primary School, Last Thursday, 10 am - 3 pm
- Stall Sewing Day - Warrnambool West Primary School, Fourth Thursday (whenever the month has 5 Thursdays), 10 am - 3 pm.