Repairs and Commissions
We are happy to receive requests from the public for work on
items both old and new. Some examples:
- Conservation and repair of textiles.
- Adding names to christening gowns.
- Cleaning and restoring old embroideries.
- Completion of canvaswork and cross stitch items.
- Creating wedding pillows.
- Church and school banners.
- Birthday gifts.
- Special and unique items of all kinds.
HOW TO MAKE A REQUEST
Contact us with as much detail as possible. We’d like to know:
- Your contact details.
- Name of the owner of the piece.
- History of the piece.
- Details of request.
- Size of piece.
- Completion date required.
- The piece to be worked or a photo.
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
- The EGV Commissions Coordinator contacts a Guild member to see if the request can be managed and then contacts you.
- The Guild recommends an hourly rate, plus a commission to the Guild.
- Costs will be agreed upon before any work is undertaken.
- Matching old fabrics and threads is sometimes difficult, but all requirements will be approved by you before any work begins.
IT TAKES TIME!
Organising and then completing a commission can take a considerable amount of time. Please allow as much time as possible.