Annual Exhibition 2017
“ATTENTION ALL EXHIBITORS”
EBB & FLOW – Closing date for your entry form(s) only is 1ST SEPTEMBER 2017
EBB & FLOW – Our statewide annual embroidery and textile art exhibition in 2017.
Where: 170 Wattletree Road, Malvern.
When: Saturday, 7 October – Saturday, 21 October, 2017
Opening Night: Friday, 6 October, 2017 (Invitation or pre-booked ticket only)
The 2017 Challenge is: Take a Shell
Ramona Barry is our guest speaker opening the Guild exhibition on Friday October 6. Ramona is the Art, Craft and Cookery Pavilion Coordinator for the Royal Melbourne Agricultural Show, a former Chair of the Victorian Crafts Council, and an advocate in numerous ways for contemporary craft practice.
PLEASE NOTE: Attendance by invitation or pre-booked ticket only.
Prize Announcement – “Take a Shell …” Challenge
Great News! The winner of this year’s exhibition Challenge – to be judged by Louise Saxton – will receive an Individual Membership to Heide, valued at $75. Heide members receive free admission to the museum for 12 months, as well as discounts on programs, at the Café and in the Store, and special offers and events.
“Heide Museum of Modern Art, or Heide as it is affectionately known, began life in 1934 as the home of John and Sunday Reed and has since evolved into one of Australia’s most important cultural institutions. For all who visit, Heide offers an inspiring, educational and thought-provoking experience of modern and contemporary art, architecture, gardens and social history.”
We are very grateful to Heide for their support in providing this prize which we are sure will be an incentive to members considering submitting a Challenge entry.
Conditions of Entry have been revised to reflect the changes in procedure – please download and study.
CALL FOR ENTRIES: Entries are now being accepted from financial members of the Guild for Ebb & Flow and the ‘Take a Shell …’ Challenge.
- The closing date for receipt of ENTRY FORMS ONLY is Friday 1 September, 2017. Entry forms may be lodged with the Guild office either in person, via email or post at any time up to close of business on that day.
- Entries will be accepted on either the existing, multi-part forms available from the Guild office OR on the revised form (please download entry form here).
- Since there will be a 4-week lead-time between the form entry date and exhibit receiving date, members are encouraged to submit an entry form for any piece they hope to exhibit. If the piece is not finished in time for delivery on 1 October, it will simply be deleted from the list of entries.
EXHIBIT RECEIVING DATE: Sunday, 1 October, 2017
- Please remember to attach a copy or tear off portion of your entry form to each exhibit.
- Padded Bags will no longer be stored at the Guild between Receiving and Collection days. Exhibits will be placed in the gallery ready for hanging; and collected from their display spot. Members may of course continue to use padded bags to transport their pieces to and from the Guild.
EXHIBIT COLLECTION DATES: Sunday 22 October and Monday 23 October, 2017