Repairs and Commissions
We are happy to receive requests from the public for work on
items both old and new. Some examples:
- Conservation and repair of textiles
- Adding names to christening gowns
- Cleaning and restoring old embroideries
- Completion of canvaswork and cross stitch items
- Creating wedding pillows
- Church and school banners
- Birthday gifts
- Special and unique items of all kinds
HOW TO MAKE A REQUEST
Contact us with as much detail as possible. We’d like to know:
- Your contact details
- Name of the owner of the piece
- History of the piece
- Details of request
- Size of piece
- Completion date required
- The piece to be worked or a photo.
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
- The EGV Commissions Coordinator contacts a Guild member to see if the request can be managed, then contacts you
- The Guild recommends an hourly rate, plus a commission to the Guild
- Costs will be agreed upon before any work is undertaken
- Matching old fabrics and threads is sometimes difficult, but all requirements will be approved by you before any work begins.
IT TAKES TIME!
Organising and then completing a commission can take a considerable amount of time. Please allow as much time as possible.